Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Full Hearts

I can't speak Spanish but I can braid hair! Got to braid some of our team's hair today which gave way for me to braid hair for a girl here. I struggle with this weird place I have on this team. But that's been my struggle since I was young on missions trips or on any team thing really. I've made my peace with it bc this never having a place has always made a way to fill unexpected gaps and use different gifts.

Rodrigo spoke this morning. Killed it! They did a drama to the story of Job. Jason was Job and Vicki Martin(lol) was his wife. These skits are killin me. I love them they are wonderful! They are fully equipped with a Nae Nae break down and everything. (I fully realize that 98% of you don't know what the Nae Nae is but I just had to mention it!)

We got more kids at the church by the beach today some if the Mancora veterans were a bit disappointed about the small turnout yesterday. They were used to seeing 100-150-200 at that location. So the bit of growth was nice even though it wasn't back to old times.

This part I am writing as we wait for service to start. We spent a little more time than we anticipated at the Malecon... Surprise surprise. Victoria Mumi and I just prayed for JD. I'll finish this when he's done...
Phil 1:12 What has happened to me has served to advance the Gospel.
This is the verse JD used after he shared his story. He explained that there's always a way back to God and being here and seeing the smiles on the kids' faces lets him know God is good.
After he finished there was just this aura in the air. God was moving. Hearts were moved to be vulnerable. Many sweet moments. The pastor's daughter was expressing some hurt to JD Mumi and Vicki. JD reminded her that she was a princess and child of God. Heart melted.

We are about to debrief hope to share more stories later.

Tomorrow:
Andrea is speaking in the morning
Ryan is speaking to the Nicaragua church
We have a quince at night

Pray: 
For our speakers
Carla will be speaking the next day
Restful nights
Stamina
Open hearts
Health
Thanks for covering us in prayer! We can tell it's making a difference!

Go check us out on Instagram.
Instagram.com/mancoraperu2014
@Mancoraperu2014



-Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment