Thursday, July 31, 2014

All done



At Nicaugua church lasy night Ryan spoke. It was great. I say that because he's a gringo and when they speak Spanish I catch like 80% of it! Woot.
We did worship first but after the sermon they did worship. Acapella and handed a tambourine to Diego. Classic. Reminded me of my days in Haitian churches. The kids were using all their self control to keep it together. They did good!
After that they called up a series of "elders" each of them had about three of us that they had been praying for specifically for the last month. Then they prayed for us in person. So wonderful.

There's a little boy here named Jil, I think. He has a joint deformity. I met him last year. At BFC we found out that he hadn't had lunch. Victoria decided to take him and buy him lunch next to the church. If you know Vicky you know it doesn't take long for her to get to the deep stuff really quick. She asked him about Jesus. He said he prayed to Jesus every but never accepted him. Victoria gave him the opportunity. They prayed right there. Unreal.

Morgan- I just love hugs I don't know how you live without them.

Jonathan- Hey Victoria, you know what? The love of Christ is amazing.

Today was a good day. It was long but sweet. We watched Frozen at night with the church ate Thai food for dinner. Shopped at the Malecon. All after two BFCs and 4-5 hrs of sleep. We are on our way to Ecuador now. I can hear sobs on the bus. CBC has built this long term relationship with this community here and every time it's hard to let go. We left the church at ten and the people walked to the Hostel and waited for us to leave. We had to say bye to Marta. It's been great to have her here on the ground.

I'm gonna try to get some sleep.

Tomorrow:
Ecuador
Epic Debrief awesomeness

Pray:
Safe travels
Long term impact in our team hearts

Later,

-Esther


Go check us out on Instagram.
Instagram.com/mancoraperu2014
@Mancoraperu2014

No comments:

Post a Comment