Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Debrief #2


Debrief Question: 
What did God do in your heart today?

Jason shared more about adopting a kid. He shared that God has been using just the kids faces to move in his life. He shared that he has had plans for his life and God has been molding them and shaping them more and more in this place.

Noah shared that a story shared yesterday has been running in his mind all day. It broke his heart but he's sure God has a plan for her.

Pepper- it doesn't take much to impress them. I was writing down names in my notebook and a kid asked what I was doing. Shortly after I had twenty kids around me telling me their name.

Jonathan was impressed with the gifts and talents of the team and God has used them. It reminded me of something that God dropped in my heart yesterday. A gift makes way for the giver. All our gifts are to make way for Jesus. I shared that and then Jony encouraged to group to shine in their giftings.

One of the cool things is hearing different perspectives of teammates that have been here many times. Genesis shared about a family that she met years ago. A baby she once held in her arms was a big kid now. She didn't recognize them and the kids said that they had a picture with her at their house. It moved her!


I cannot tell you how much JD impacted the team today. 
We reflected on how he is just 14 and making a difference.
He talked about the impact of having a best friend that's a Christian. Nico left when he was in 4th grade and not having that support affected his life. Nico affected him he affected the room tonight.
We talked about how if you guys the parents could see it! Oh it would rock your world.
The verse he chose to use was a verse he got from Bible study he did with you Dan. I thought you'd like to know. :-)


Prayer:
JD wants us to pray for strength bc he knows the enemy doesn't want us to do this.
Nico-Thanks that no one is feeling ill
Steven- wants us to pray that this is deep rooted and not isolated in Panama
Thank you Jesus for Claudia for representing you all back home. She seriously makes this thing work! Pray blessings over her. She deserves it!!!!! When you see her after this trip but her a pedicure giver her a hug send her a thank you note. She is THE BEST!!!!



Go check us out on Instagram.
Instagram.com/mancoraperu2014
@Mancoraperu2014



-Esther

PS- I would like some feed back! What are your fave things about the blog and Instagram? What would you like to see more of or hear more about? Email me at estbru628@gmail.com or comment :-)

5 comments:

  1. Hello my prities! Hahaha...
    This is Male. How are you? You're half way there so if my math is correct you're probably already exhausted. Don't worry, this is only just the beginning, by Friday you'll be like, what? That was it? Believe me. God will give you supernatural strength you will not even believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I just want to tell you to keep holding on real tight to God. He will give you strength and wisdom to finish out the week with so many God stories you won't even be able to remember them all. It'll be 2 months later and then you'll remember that kid that just wanted to hold your hand or that teenager that told you his deepest sins or struggles. And you know what? That's going to be awesome. Remember to really be in every moment. Try to remember at least 1 kids name and pray for them that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also just want to thank you. Since I am not there I feel in my heart that I must thank those that ARE there. Please know that I love you all and I'm praying for you. Thank you for hugging those kids and giving them the love of Christ in you. Thank you for giving them God's words and promises of encouragement. Thank you for being willing to be used and molded by God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anywhoddledoodle, that's it for now (as pastor Steve says). Take care. May God just keep pouring His blessings over all of you, adults and kids. May the Holy Spirit just take complete control over you and may you let Him do His thing and you do absolutely nothing on your own will.
    Stay strong in the Lord.
    Mucho love,
    MaAle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther thank you for your updates. I love hearing about how god is using the team to touch the people of Peru...and the people of Peru to touch the team. I especially like hearing the stories of the long-term impacts. It reminds me that every connection you have with someone is an opportunity to permanently pact their life in ways you may never know. Praying for you guys . ~Renee Carlisle

    ReplyDelete